Saturday, July 7, 2012

Lazy days of summer?

Surfer dude surprised me one morning with these delectable niblits. Cherries dipped in CoolWhip and sprinkled with mini choco chips.  Mmmmmmmmm.  Isn't he the sweetest?!
One cute kid.  One proud papa scorekeeper.
This picture proves that one can still be incredibly cute even though we are very sick and have really bad hair
Whoever said lazy days of summer?  That person obviously did not have children.  Nothing is lazy about summer.  Except maybe my cooking.  I tend to cook a lot less, and when I do, it's a lot simpler.  We have been so busy with Surfer dude's travel baseball team.  Tournaments almost every weekend, practice every Tuesday, and a scrimmage, or two (or three) thrown in there when ever they could.  It's been fun watching him learn how to play better baseball.  Games can be INTENSE!  Too intense sometimes for this momma.  The kids on both teams play hard.  My little boy is growing up fast.  August he turns 13.  Teenager in the house!  Our  first.  Eeeek! Behavior wise I feel sometimes as if we are turning a corner.  Then again, sometimes I don't. Mornings are still tough, but I feel as if our battles are fewer, albeit they may be a bit stronger at times.  Him pulling away from mom.  Mom trying to hold on tight.  I've been learning to loosen up my grasp.  As hard as it may be.  I have 5 years to help guide his heart.  I remember someone at one point asking me why we home schooled, and what were we going to do about a prom.  Lord, help me.  We have also been struck with the pneumonia bug.  The babe had pneumonia and double ear infections and was down and out of commission for a few days.  Almost had a trip to ala hotel CHOP.  She is a strong chickie though and amazed everyone with her quick rebound.  She is now walking.  I mean she is a walker.  No more crawling, even on grass, stones, driveway....  You name it.  Man, girlfriend gets around.  I should be thin.  I have however tried to intentionally, through all this craziness, slow down and look at and enjoy more of my children.  Tousle their hair, kiss the tiny feet, and hug all of them.  Let them get dirty.  Enjoy water play, with them.  Tell them I love them.  Tell them Jesus loves them.  Go barefoot.  Paint tiny toenails.  Eat popsicles.  Summer is almost over.  It's been a good one. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment