Thursday, April 5, 2012

Salvation weekend

This is a big holiday weekend around the world.  And I'm not just talking chocolate bunnies.  The Jewish population is celebrating Passover.  Christians are celebrating Good Friday, and Easter (and a few of us celebrate Maundy Thursday :) ).  Passover remembers, celebrates, God bringing the Israelites out of Egypt.  Moses and the gang being freed from slavery, and led to The Promise Land.  "And Moses said to the people, ' Fear not, stand firm, and see the salvation of the Lord, which he will work for you today.  For the Egyptians whom you see today, you shall never see again.'" -Exodus 14:13  Good Friday and Easter...remembering, celebrating Jesus.  God's son being crucified for our sins.  Arrested, humiliated, beaten, innocent yet found guilty, nailed to a cross, dying.  But, overcoming death.  Beating the darkness of sin and death and being resurrected in 3 days.  God/Jesus bringing me out of darkness.  Freeing me from the slavery of sin and leading me to The Promise Land.  Heaven!  Redemption!  What a huge cost He paid for me.  For you.  I am so grateful.  I once was so lost in selfishness, blind to the Truth.  I'm still selfish.  I am still a sinner.  But now....  Now, I am found.  Adopted by God. Forgiven.  Now I see.  I see truth.  I see everlasting, unconditional love and forgiveness.  I see beauty from ashes.  "For the grace of God has appeared, bringing salvation for all people." -Titus 2:11  Thank you Abba Father.  Thank you for loving me, forgiving me, creating me, blessing me, growing me, teaching me, disciplining me, leading me, carrying me, freeing me, showing me, washing me, saving me, dying for me.  "And there is salvation in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given among men by which we must be saved." -Acts 4:12  "But as for me, I will look to the Lord; I will wait for the God of my salvation; my God will hear me."  -Micah 7:7

No comments:

Post a Comment