Friday, April 18, 2014

Friends

Remember the show Friends?  Every Thursday night we would sit watching a bunch of people, "Friends", live life.  They didn't always do stuff.  They either sat at home or in a coffee shop.  It was the sharing of life that was what was so appealing.  The togetherness, comraderie, encouraging.  I have friends like that.  We hail from all over the United States.  New York, Wisconsin, Alabama, Illinois, Ohio, California, Pennsylvania.  Did I mention we are from all over?  Unfortunately being from all over means we can't just meet at one's house or the local coffee shop.  We keep in touch through the internet, e-mail, text.  But once a year.  Once a year, we who are able, get together for a weekend.  A weekend of no sleep (literally), talking, praying, encouraging.  The only "out" we do is perhaps a walk, if the weather cooperates, or church on Sunday.  We need nothing but food (there always seems to be so much of that), shelter (we are so blessed that the husbands and kids move out to Grandma's for the weekend, while the other husbands, and older children - seriously - my oldest daughter ROCKS THE HOUSE!  She is just so awesome, stay home and play Mr. Mom, running our households), and fellowship (always the best part).  We have fun.  We laugh, we cry,  we pray, we eat.  Fun!  I always come home relaxed, and renewed, despite the fact that I almost ALWAYS fly through stormy weather.  I can tell them anything; they are the very few people in the world who know the true me and my sins.  And they love me.  And they pray for me.  And I them.  I absolutely love these women.  How blessed I am!  And to think our adoption brought us so much more than just two more awesome kids.  I stand in awe Lord, at your mercy.
                                          Beautiful friendships.  I can't wait until next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment